Monday 17 October 2016

White Genocide and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

“Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder that may develop after exposure to a terrifying event or ordeal in which severe physical harm occurred or was threatened. Traumatic events that may trigger PTSD include violent personal assaults, natural or unnatural disasters, accidents, or military combat.”
Source: Psychology Today.
A lot of my personal friends were in a war, or two/three, so I have noticed that they can be a little bit strange. This is to be expected. Some of them go past the “strange” and are downright weird. Unfortunately their behaviour causes a multitude of problems, they cannot hold on to a, job, a wife, a “normal” friend. This is of some concern to me. To date I have not looked very deeply into this thing called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.  My attention on things   of a psychological order, disorder if you will, has been on alcoholism and addiction, bad childhood and religious brainwashing. My Strange Classrooms have dealt thus far only on the effects of the first two mentioned above. Why? For one thing I was brought up in an era when it was taught, “Cowboys don’t cry.” Even recently when I have posted about some of the trouble I am in, the most common comment has been, “Man up”.

Thinking about this, the country I live in, the one that sent me off to bloody war in the first place, is now one of the most violent nations on earth. Looking at the definition and who may suffer from this disorder, I can guess, I will have to research a few facts about this, that a large amount of non combatants in South Africa may be suffering from this disorder. I do know that there is very little help for the soldiers, so I am wondering who is helping the civilians, those that have been robbed, raped and beaten in this lawless land of mine?

I am thinking mainly about the victims that survive the Farm Murders that are rampant in South African today and spilling over into the urban areas too now.



Time for me to visit and then write a new set of Strange Classrooms I think.

A compilation of my Strange Classrooms is soon to be released, please “Like” and  keep an eye on this page.
THE MEXICAN HORSE THIEF
Here is a story of developing and breaking an addiction, while dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome at the same time.
THE CHRONICLES OF THE MEXICAN HORSE THIEF II

Mex ad

1 comment:

  1. First Time someone in my peer group or similar background talks about this. I always asked why were never decomissioned as soldiers... maybe it was because the ANC never ceased their armed struggle ... this will lead to many more post I am sure ... fore the ANCYL is no touching very tender nerves ...

    ReplyDelete

BUSH MECHANICS - The Original film

Travel & Information Directory |  4u2stay  |  Cars4Sale  |  Property 4 Sale  |  Fishing Report  | Die Manne Kan Nee kyk ...

Best Stories