Thursday 1 December 2016

Religion 101 - God has a Plan for you?

I was watching a true story of a rather bad pastor last night; the thing that stuck me is he kept harping on the fact God has a plan for your life. He used this to manipulate people, have his evil way with vulnerable women and even killed one or two people.
I am not sure about this. I worked out that in my youth I spent more than 5500 hours in Bible Study, part of it was in the Theocratic Ministry School. That is apart from the time I spent going to strangers houses and discussing the Bible with them, good couple of thousand hours were put in there. So I sort of know what the Bible says. After that I did not attend church or even think about Spirituality for what? 20 years. Then I had too.  After 7 years of sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous, an hour or so at least a week, 438 hours, and a lot of the AA consists of a Spiritual nature. I slipped up and decided to go look at this church thing again. Two Bible studies a week with two totally different denominations for months. That story is in Some Chronicles of the Mexican Horse Thief, written but not yet published. Those are my qualifications.
Firstly, I must admit, if this statement IS true, I am not so happy with the plan that was hatched for me! I think it has been a bit damn rough.
On a more theocratic level, it clearly states in the Bible, that God gave man free will; and that dear reader, is where ALL the trouble started. Now if man has free will, it is logical that a plan or destiny is impossible.  I know what the standard Christian answer to this will be. “God works in mysterious ways.” And that, is the biggest cop-out that I have ever heard. Makes it extremely difficult to gain a better knowledge of the Higher Power, I do believe is out there, somewhere.
The words to UB40’s song come to mind.
“And every hour of every day I’m learning more
The more I learn, the less I know about before
The less I know, the more I want to look around
Digging deep for clues on higher ground.”

Of Interest

Get quality backlinks. The Gravy Train  

Niume seems to be the best microblogging platform available at present, why not give them a try?

Short Story. You can read about another pastor here, that was for all intents and purposes, a mercenary.
The Chronicles of the Mexican Horse Thief I – Angola
Services for Writers an Publishers

No comments:

Post a Comment

BUSH MECHANICS - The Original film

Travel & Information Directory |  4u2stay  |  Cars4Sale  |  Property 4 Sale  |  Fishing Report  | Die Manne Kan Nee kyk ...

Best Stories